Australian Visa - General Information
The ETA Australia (Electronic Travel Authority) is an official Australian visa implemented in 2008 to speed up the process of online application. You can obtain two types of these permits: an eTA Australia or eVisitor. Both are multiple-entry visas that can be used for tourism, business, or transit.
With an Australian visa, you can visit the country numerous times for up to 3 months each stay within the validity period of 1 year. In order to apply, you must have a valid passport, internet connection, valid means of payment, and an active email address.
Besides, you need to enter the information in the form, cover the fee, and wait for the confirmation. Then, you should wait for the confirmation and processing. After the procedure, you will receive an Australian visa within several days via email. There is no need to print it out, as the permit automatically links to your passport. Remember to apply earlier to have all the needed documents on time.
Prepare a valid passport on arrival, as it will be inspected by the proper authorities. Check the personal information in the application form at least two times, as mistakes may lead to delays and other problems, so keep that in mind.
Who can apply for an Australian visa?
An Australian visa and Electronic Travel Authority may be purchased by nationals from the following countries:
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- San Marino
- United States
- Vatican City
The validity period of Australian ETA
Travelers who plan to obtain an ETA Australia or eVisitor electronic visa can use those permits for 365 days. Both enable a 3-month stay for each visit in Australia and can be used for transit, tourism, or business purposes. The online Australia ETA application is very intuitive and convenient. Without the documents, you won’t be able to cross the Australian border, so prepare for your trip and enjoy it fully.
Types of Australian visa
There are two types of Australian permits that you can obtain if you are eligible:
- ETA (subclass 601): a multiple-entry Australian permit designed for tourism, transit, or business. Nationals from only several countries may apply for it.
- eVisitor (subclass 651): a multiple-entry permit valid for 1 year and enabling a 90-day stay in Australia. Holders of this electronic visa may travel for tourism, business, or transit.
How to apply for ETA Australia?
In order to obtain an Australian visa, read all the information, prepare documents, and grab an electronic device with an internet connection. After that, consider the following steps:
- Provide the personal and travel details in the online application form on the website and attach the necessary documents. It is recommended to check the information twice, as mistakes may lead to a lot of inconveniences, such as delays or rejection of the online application form.
- Cover the service fee with one of the available payment methods. You can pick PayPal, credit card, debit card, etc.
- Wait for the processing, and refresh your email. Australian visa will be sent there in PDF form. You don’t need to print it out, as the permit automatically links to the passport number.
You can apply for ETA Australia online from home without visiting the embassy or consulate, as the whole application process can be done online. It is a very convenient option for all travelers.
What are the benefits of an official Australian visa?
ETA Australia has a lot of advantages:
- You can obtain an electronic visa from any part of the world.
- You don’t need to visit the embassy or consulate, as you can apply for ETA Australia electronically on the website.
- The online application process is very safe and secure, so you don’t need to worry about data protection.
- An electronic visa is very convenient, as you don’t need to print it out or download it on the device. It links automatically to a valid passport.
- You can count on the support team at any part of the application point and apply for ETA Australia with ease.